Fundación Valórate was launched in 2005, inspired by the values of love, respect, solidarity and perseverance: focusing on a key development need in Panama - education.
The beginnings were full of work and hope, with people willing to contribute. What began as a dream; today is a solid reality and the charity runs 10 Centers, including:
- Pesé, Herrera Aguadulce
- Coclé City of Knowledge
- Panama The Fair, Columbus Chitré
- Herrera Las Cumbres, Panama Calobre
- Veraguas David, Chiriquí Río Hato
- Coclé San Felipe, Panama Penonomé
- Coclé The Villa, Los Santos
Center of Attention and Orientation Attention and Orientation Centers are involved, supported and sensitized. They benefit children between the ages of 2 and 14, their families and the community at large. They are an alternative option to support the family and school with the aim of reducing failure.
If a child between the ages of one and six years does not finish primary school, the cost of their education increases by 15%. Four out of every ten children in Panama do not manage to complete their education.. School repetition is one of the main causes of school drop-out and costs the country an average of $ 17 million per year. Faced with this problem, Fundación Valórate, through its services, offers equal opportunities to children.
Through its work, Valórate Foundation contributes to the development of Panama, collaborating in the fulfilment of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which are:
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Achieve primary and universal education
- Promote gender equality and Women's empowerment
- Develop a global partnership for development